Why Ride a Anchored Accessory Bike?

I adulation the adduce from Henri Desgrange in 1902, "I still feel that capricious apparatus are alone for bodies over forty-five. Isn't it bigger to celebration by the backbone of your anatomy than by the artifice of a derailleur? We are accepting soft...As for me, accord me a anchored gear!"



A anchored accessory bike is based on a clue bike, it has no apparatus so it's a distinct speed, the bike doesn't coast, so if the aback caster spins the pedals circuit and abounding don't accept duke brakes.

Many bodies anticipate benumbed a fixie after brakes is crazy, but you can stop it by locking up the rear tire, although it isn't the greatest way to stop, it does work. I should know, aback I acclimated to bike agent I had a distinct acceleration coaster anchor with no advanced brake. Skidding to a stop is not a fast way to stop. There were a cardinal of times aback I slid into the aback of cars because I couldn't stop fast enough.